We are the ‘Process People’- we maximise the potential by enabling all the elements to work together.
WHAT WE DO
We are the ‘oil that makes the machinery work’. Any Open ecosystem is complex, with potentially thousands of different participants, each with their own ideas, vision and skills.
Through our extensive experience of the UK’s OBIE, we have worked with Regulators, Infrastructure providers, Standards Authorities, Third Party Providers, Banks and many others to help create the most successful Open ecosystem in the World.
Now, we can bring that expertise to you, through:
- Participant Support – whether innovative startup to large Bank, we can help. From Onboarding to Production, we know the types of issue that can arise!
- Help Desk – An efficient, effective Central Support capability is vital. We can help build yours.
- Ecosystem Delivery – With our unique delivery process and partners, we can support you all the way through from Regulations to Production. In months!
- Innovation – We are committed to enhancing the capabilities of Open ecosystems, and support a variety of research projects.
See below or contact us for more information!
Whether you are a startup TPP wanting to join the exciting OB journey or an incumbent ASPSP implementing and integrating APIs our unique team with real Open Banking expertise is here to help.
The challenges an ecosystem participant faces in getting from initial planning to Production at volume are many and varied, but our team can most likely help! For example:
- Onboarding and Registration – what’s the process?
- Market Research – getting that competitive edge.
- Implementation – working with APIs
- Integration – what’s the most efficient and appropriate approach that gets you to market?
- Testing – options and approaches to testing your services.
- Launch – coordination with the ecosystem.
- Service assurance – maintaining your service as it grows.
Ecosystem Support - Help Desks and More
Open Banking ecosystems are complicated, and
coordination is ESSENTIAL!
Below we show how an ecosystem’s hardware and software components have to work within a much broader context in order for their potential to be achieved.
Without that, it’s simply a collection of separate bits…
And that’s what an Ecosystem Support Team does
The coordinating team make it work — all participants and activities other than the production and Directory & Trust Framework are impacted.
• ASPSPs – Compliance, design, roadmap, resolve issues, test advice, coordinate releases, MI
• TPPs – Onboarding, use cases, issues, testing, ecosystem status, API versions, MI
• Design, standards – Rollout planning, participant, feedback, future plans
• Regulatory – Guidance interpretation, detail ‘infill’, MI
We cannot emphasise enough – in our opinion such a role is critical. Simply because some Country OB initiatives have not planned for one does not make it optional. The most successful initiative in the World – the UK – had one and there is no guarantee the others shall succeed.
We are an independent consultancy with deep niche experience.
We can work with all partners to support the achievement of their potential.
We believe in a symbiotic relationship between our localised expertise and the broader, International, financial world.
You can find out more about our infrastructure and service partners here.
End to End
We firmly believe that the technical components of an Open Banking (or Finance) ecosystem are now at the point of being commoditised, bringing dramatic improvements in cost and timescale for ecosystem rollout.
This also has a profound impact on HOW ecosystems can be delivered, with a far greater emphasis on what is actually required of the ecosystem – what do you want it to do?
Open Banking Delivery’s members and partners, through their extensive experience of the UK’s OBIE, provide a unique insight to the overall process of building an ecosystem – from Regulatory Standards through to Volume Production.
The combined impact of our unique experience and increasing commoditisation means that we can offer an ‘end to end’ ecosystem delivery process that is far cheaper, complete and rapid than earlier OB initiatives. It is also much more closely aligned to the original objectives.
This closer alignment is enabled through
Identifying the profile of a Country’s OB ecosystem requirements.
Ensuring those requirements are ‘mapped back’ to the original Regulatory Standards published
From the very beginning having a fully functional demonstration ecosystem acting as a ‘sandbox’ to ensure the project remains aligned and enable early identification of necessary adjustments.
Open Banking Delivery believe we have identified the principles behind the necessary requirements (e.g. low cost of participation) and underlying capabilities (e.g. ecosystem support) necessary for an effective, efficient ecosystem.
Which brings us to the question — just what does success really mean in an Open Banking ecosystem? The principles underpinning success are briefly discussed below, with more detail available in our Login area*
The Underlying Principles
We believe there are three categories of principle, introduced below. Each can then be broken down into a series of individual principles.
These represent the ‘driver’ requirements that are used to ensure the ecosystem that evolves is the best possible, and maximises the potential.
This family of requirements need to be identified and in place before any further progress can be made. They set the scene for all that follows. The individual principles identified to date are:
• Cost and Funding
Making an Impact
This family of requirements help assure that given the fundamentals are in place, the potential is determined and everything is in place to deliver on that potential.
• Consumer Focus
• Identify the needs
• Drive Inclusion
• Widening the horizons
• Roadmap clarity
Measuring and Managing Success
How do you know that you have met the needs, and how well? What needs improving? What shall need to change in future to ensure service excellence is maintained?
• Success metrics
• Measuring engagement
• Assuring Ecosystem health
• Fit for growth
Open Banking Delivery identify and support innovation in Open ecosystems.
We aim to extend the boundaries of what is feasible within an Open ecosystem or delivers exciting new services within an existing framework. Our team have a long history of doing this – in the UK’s OBIE we supported Nesta’s Open Up Challenge, and created the ‘PISP Development Programme’, providing critical support to innovative payment solutions.
Following on from the support our team gave to the Nesta ‘Open Up‘ challenge, we identify applications in one ecosystem that can be usefully applied in others. In addition, through the strengths of our partners we support radical new ways of delivering both services and entire ecosystems.
We are also undertaking several research projects of our own:
- Kiosk Banking – Following initial research, we are forming partnerships and bidding for funding into the application of Kiosk Banking in Latin America and beyond. This is a major contributor to enhanced Financial Inclusion.
- Green Finance – We are also researching the application of Open Banking ecosystems to enabling Green Finance. This is a whole new application area.
- Mojaloop – Integrating Mojaloop and OB ecosystems.
- Confirmation of Payee – Open Banking Delivery support the UK’s Confirmation of Payee Network, an independent group dedicated to supporting the launch of this vital fraud-prevention service.
- Rapid Delivery – with our Partners we are developing processes and components that enable TPPs and ASPSPs to integrate with ecosystems at least 4 times faster.